- Among the teaching and research staff, the Department of Applied Economics was the one that donated the most during the blood donation campaign («Repte 500: A la UIB portam la solidaritat a la sang») held at the University of the Balearic Islands from 12 to 16 March 2018. On Friday 18 May, the winners were awarded with diplomas. Professor Maria Antònia Ribas, secretary of the department, and professors Heiko Jürgen Rachinger and Maria Santana, who participated in the campaign, received the award on behalf of the Department of Applied Economics. Diari UIB. 23/05/2018
- Dr. Catalina Torres Figuerola appointed secretary of LINCC. The Interdisciplinary Climate Change Laboratory of the UIB (LINCC-UIB) is made up of members of the departments of Public Law, Applied Economics, Philosophy and Social Work, Physics, Geography, Biology and Chemistry, and the Mediterranean Institute for Advanced Studies (IMEDEA). All of them are teachers and/or researchers in the field of climate change at the UIB and the IMEDEA (CSIC-UIB).
- Dr. Antonia Morey Tous designated chairperson of the International Relations Commission directed by Vice-Rector Jaume Carot Giner, in which seven different departments of the UIB are representated.
- Congratulations! We wish to congratulate Dr. Antoni Riera Font, member of the department and Technical Director of the Impulsa Balears Foundation, whose career path has been recognized by the Mallorca Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Services, and Navigation with an honorary mention for the exhaustive economic studies he has carried out concerning the island.
- Congratulations! Onda Cero Economics Prize: Congratulations to Mr. Esteban Bardolet Jane, honorary partner of our department, for the Onda Cero Economics Prize in its sixth edition of the Mallorca Onda Cero Awards.
The award is the result of his dedication to the study and analysis of the Balearic economy, particularly the tourism industry. The ceremony will be held on February 20 at 19:30h at the Palma Auditorium.
Congratulations, Esteve, this well-deserved recognition is gratifying for all of us.
“Going out of the Great Recession? Contrast between the United States and Europe: proposed work from economic history, 1960-2014”, Journal of Postkeynesian Economics, forthcoming
Carles Manera y Elisabeth Valle:
“Industria y servicios en Baleares, 1950-2015: la desindustrialización regional en una economía terciaria”, Investigaciones de Historia Económica, forthcoming
Lucia Mangiavacchi y Luca Piccoli:
“Parental Alcohol Consumption and Adult Children's Educational Attainment”, Economics and Human Biology, forthcoming
Lucia Mangiavacchi y Luca Piccoli:
“Intrahousehold Distribution in Migrant-sending Families”, Journal of Demographic Economics, forthcoming, (con F. Perali)
“The Passive Drinking Effect: A Collective Demand Application”, Review of Economics of the Household, forthcoming, (con M. Menon y F. Perali)
“On Mergers in a Stackelberg Market with Asymmetric Convex Costs”, Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, forthcoming
“Imperfect collusion in an asymmetric duopoly”, Estudios de Economía, 45(1), 2018, (con Carlos Gutiérrez-Hita)
“On competition and welfare enhancing policies in a mixed oligopoly”, Journal of Economics, forthcoming, (con Carlos Gutiérrez-Hita)
“Renewable Energy, Oil Prices, and Economic Growth: A Granger-Causality in Quantiles Analysis”, Energy Economics, 70, 440-452, 2018, (con M. Shahbaz y G. S. Uddin)
"Particle Learning for Bayesian Semi-Parametric Stochastic Volatility Model"
Audrone Virbickaite, Hedibert F. Lopes, María Concepción Ausín and Pedro Galeano
DEA Working Paper No. 88, May 2018
"Polarization or Moderation? Intra-group heterogeneity in endogenous-policy contest"
Daniel Cardona, Jenny De Freitas and Antoni Rubí-Barceló
DEA Working Paper No. 87, May 2018
"Temporal Aggregation of Seasonally Near-Integrated Processes"
Tomás del Barrio Castro, Paulo M.M. Rodrigues and A. M. Robert Taylor
DEA Working Paper No. 86, March 2018