News of DEA
- Dr. Catalina Torres Figuerola appointed secretary of LINCC. The Interdisciplinary Climate Change Laboratory of the UIB (LINCC-UIB) is made up of members of the departments of Public Law, Applied Economics, Philosophy and Social Work, Physics, Geography, Biology and Chemistry, and the Mediterranean Institute for Advanced Studies (IMEDEA). All of them are teachers and/or researchers in the field of climate change at the UIB and the IMEDEA (CSIC-UIB).
- Dr. Antonia Morey Tous designated chairperson of the International Relations Commission directed by Vice-Rector Jaume Carot Giner, in which seven different departments of the UIB are representated.
- Congratulations! We wish to congratulate Dr. Antoni Riera Font, member of the department and Technical Director of the Impulsa Balears Foundation, whose career path has been recognized by the Mallorca Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Services, and Navigation with an honorary mention for the exhaustive economic studies he has carried out concerning the island.
- Congratulations! Onda Cero Economics Prize: Congratulations to Mr. Esteban Bardolet Jane, honorary partner of our department, for the Onda Cero Economics Prize in its sixth edition of the Mallorca Onda Cero Awards.
The award is the result of his dedication to the study and analysis of the Balearic economy, particularly the tourism industry. The ceremony will be held on February 20 at 19:30h at the Palma Auditorium.
Congratulations, Esteve, this well-deserved recognition is gratifying for all of us.
- Audiovisual "Tanzania: Promoting research" (11/16/2016)
- The impact of the sustainable tourism tax (10/27/2016)
- People per square meter of beach (07/10/2016)
- Increasing the water price is not enough to reduce hotel water consumption (10/03/2016)
The University of the Balearic Islands organizes the VII Conference of Teaching in Economics to be held on 11 and 12 June 2015, with the aim of promoting a space for reflection and sharing of teaching experiences.
- XXXIX Simposio de la Asociación Española de Economía-Spanish Economic Association (SAEe)
- Palma de Mallorca, Spain, on 11 -13 December 2014
- organized jointly by the DEA and DEE
- The PhD program in Economics of Tourism and Environment has been awarded with a Mention Towards Excellence for doctoral programmes by the Ministry of Education, Government of Spain.
- The University of the Balearic Islands is the 9 th best in the world in research on tourism
- The doctoral program in Tourism and Environment has Mention Excel Towards Excellence of the Ministry of Education of the Government of Spain
- Presentation of the book "A boost to the economic analysis of tourism: a tribute to Professor Antonio Sastre"
- Course "for experiments in teaching economics". 20-21 October 2011
- Lecture Series: "How much is the value of a forest?"
- Investiture ceremony of Mrs. Nancy E. Bockstael as an honorary doctor from the University of the Balearic Islands
- The Faculty of Economics and Business is located in the top 12 posts in the Spanish ranking